1. Promote the wise management of water resources in the public interest with a view to maintaining an environment beneficial to life.
2. Support of cost-effective methods of achieving a water supply for the San Antonio area which is both sufficient quantity and of current high quality for projected needs: agricultural, industrial, municipal, recreational. Water for municipal use should retain its current quality.
3. Support of measures to minimize the disastrous effects of periodic flooding on the population area.
4. Support of sound water resources management with an emphasis on conservation.
5. Support of long-range planning, both local and regional, with continuing citizen participation, to determine the best methods for implementing the foregoing.